As a young boy of around five (5) years old or so a vacuum cleaner salesman came to our home and sold my Mom a vacuum it was a Filter Queen I think. Anyway he was very entertaining and I remember saying to myself that it was something I wanted to do when I got bigger. The technique he used was very simple and what every good salesman does by instinct. Its called the RCCR principle and it works like this;
- He Related to my Mom by commenting how clean and nice her home was and said something nice about us kids.
- He Created an opportunity within the relating monologue to talk about her home and its so-called cleanliness thereby Creating an opportunity to talk about his product.
- He Convicted her by making his machine pull unbelievable amounts of dirt from her carpets and furniture.
- He Revealed how she could own this fabulous piece of machinery for less than pennies per day.
Needless to say she bought the vacuum, but I also bought the fact that I wanted to be a salesman who sold vacuums. Something I did for close to twelve (12) years of my life which spanned several models such as; Electrolux, Kirby, Filter Queen and Water-Matic. I am still a salesman today, the only difference is I create products and opportunity for myself and I use the same principles when I evangelize let me show you how it works. So does Ray comfort from Living Waters
- Relate: We can relate to others by the simple fact that we are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God. If you say that becoming a Christian removes the possibility of sin from your life you are a liar. Consider Romans 3:9-20
- Create: So by relating to them as equals not one that is better or thinks he/she is better but an equal. You create an opportunity to talk of Gods grace Ephesians 2:8-9 and the sacrifice of Christ John 3:16
- Convict: But before they believe you need to convict them of their sin if they don’t think they need God your chances of evangelizing them are zero. The law is meant to convict in order to use the law you need to know it Exodus 20
The Ten Commandments
I. 'You shall have no other gods before Me.'
II. 'You shall not make for yourself a carved image--any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth.'
III. 'You shall not take the name of the LORD your God in vain.'
IV. 'Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy.'
V. 'Honor your father and your mother.'
VI. 'You shall not murder.'
VII. 'You shall not commit adultery.'
VIII. 'You shall not steal.'
IX. 'You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.'
X. 'You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.'
Almost everyone has told a lie, stolen, not put God first in their lives. Jesus says in Matthew 5 that if any is angry it is the same as murder and that if any look at a woman with lust he has committed adultery.
- Reveal: God sent his son Jesus John 3:16 to take away the sin of the world and become sin. All are welcome Matthew 20 and all fall short of the glory of God in other words we are all sinners. David prayed this prayer in contrition to God for forgiveness of his sins let it become yours Psalm 51
Congratulations you have successfully sold the gospel of Christ just like a professional salesperson would sell his/her product to whomever and helped create another believer. If you don't consider yourself a salesperson but want to reach people with the gospel of Christ then you need to depend on the Holy Spirit for courage to do it.
The Lord bless and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
And give you peace.
Try a Bible Quiz and test your knowledge
click here ---> BIBLE QUIZ <--- click here