Friday, June 29, 2007

Loving others as we love ourselves…


God calls us to Love others like we Love ourselves, what I want to know from you guys is how do you Love yourselves? If you know that then you can love others in the same way. Self-Love is important because God told us to Love others like we love ourselves, the way we love ourselves is unconditional or the Greek word is agape love. The central command of scripture is love and the central prohibition is judgment. Consider this scripture as you meditate on what it means to Love your neighbor as you love yourself.


Leviticus 19:18

You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the children of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself: I am the LORD.

Matthew 19:19

Honor your father and your mother,’[a] and, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’[b]

Footnotes:

  1. Matthew 19:19 Exodus 20:12, 16; Deuteronomy 5:16, 20
  2. Matthew 19:19 Leviticus 19:18

Mark 12:31

And the second, like it, is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’[a] There is no other commandment greater than these.”

Footnotes:

  1. Mark 12:31 Leviticus 19:18

Luke 10:27

So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’[a] and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’[b]

Footnotes:

  1. Luke 10:27 Deuteronomy 6:5
  2. Luke 10:27 Leviticus 19:18

Romans 13:9

For the commandments, “You shall not commit adultery,” “You shall not murder,” “You shall not steal,” “You shall not bear false witness,”[a] “You shall not covet,”[b] and if there is any other commandment, are all summed up in this saying, namely, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”[c]

Footnotes:

  1. Romans 13:9 NU-Text omits "You shall not bear false witness."
  2. Romans 13:9 Exodus 20:13–15, 17; Deuteronomy 5:17–19, 21
  3. Romans 13:9 Leviticus 19:18

Galatians 5:14

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”[a]

Footnotes:

  1. Galatians 5:14 Leviticus 19:18

James 2:8

If you really fulfill the royal law according to the Scripture, “You shall love your neighbor as yourself,”[a] you do well;

Footnotes:

  1. James 2:8 Leviticus 19:18

This is how I love myself:

I eat properly, keep myself bathed and clean, My hair is how I choose to wear it. I play music daily and praise God daily. I look to the best interests of my family and those under my care. I am self-employed and enjoy that immensely. I forgive myself and those around me. I teach that the rudimentary principles of Christianity "The central command of scripture is Love and the central prohibition is judgment" to my family, friends, neighbors, associates, strangers and any that will listen. I like movies and music and having fun. I like skiing and mountain biking.

How about you how do you love yourself so that you might know how to love others?

May...

The Lord bless and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Try a Bible Quiz and test your knowledge

click here ---> BIBLE QUIZ <--- click here

Subscribe in a reader

All posts by M.A.C. © Bruce W. Moar

No comments: