Thursday, June 14, 2007

The Power of Prayer!



  • Do you pray everyday?

  • Do you know how to pray?

  • Would you like to learn to pray?





Well if you can put one or two syllables together you can pray! If you are shy you can pray! If you are very quiet person you can pray! If you are young or old you can pray! If you are a loud mouth Schnook you can pray! If you are angry or aggressive you can pray! If you are lazy and slow moving you can pray! If you only got one tooth you can pray! If you can't see the forest through the tree's you can pray! If you can ride a bike you can pray! If you can't speel or reed or rite to gooood you can pray!

If you think you don’t have time to pray what will you do when you run out of time and realize that it was the very thing you should have done?

If you think praying is for women what type of man sends his woman into battle for him?

If you think praying is for your parents or the weak minded wake up to the power of God and ask him to reveal himself to you in Jesus' name.

If you think you might start tomorrow then you should know that procrastination is the assassination of motivation and there is no time like the present!

If you think prayer is the work and ministry the prize you would be absolutely right!

Pray with me now it will literally only take one minute and it is the way Jesus taught us to pray when we pray.

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy Kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven
Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
For thine is the kingdom, the power and the glory.

for ever and ever.

Amen


Wow that was easy, prayer is simple it is having a conversation with God just like you would anyone else. The only difference is that God has the ability to change any circumstance no matter how tough we think it is. I will relate something that happened to me before I became a believer, were God answered my prayer because I asked in Jesus' name.

Shortly before the day I became a believer I had partnered up with another fellow to build a board game we had investors lined up which then backed out we had no food left except for a box of Kraft dinner. He was a Christian and I was not, I used to tease him mercilessly at times. Out of hunger I decided to pray to his God “Jesus Christ” and asked for some bread and milk to go with the Kraft dinner I said; “Jesus please give us some bread and milk to go with the Kraft dinner, Amen” I did this with sarcasm towards his belief. We walked a ways down the street and found a bag with, you guessed it bread and milk, I tried to say it was coincidence at the time but my heart knew it was a miracle, an answered prayer, even God knows that you can’t have Kraft dinner without bread and milk to compliment it. Needless to say that Kraft dinner was the best I ever had and still enjoy eating it to this day. I never became a Christian that day but I did shortly after while riding on a bus with my brother who had become a Christian and was on fire for the Lord.

May...

The Lord bless and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Try a Bible Quiz and test your knowledge

click here ---> BIBLE QUIZ <--- click here

Subscribe in a reader

All posts by M.A.C. © Bruce W. Moar

2 comments:

Brian said...

I like using the Lord's prayer (or is it the Disciple's prayer) too. When I went through Kay Arthur's 'LORD, Teach me to Pray in 28 Days' it pretty much transformed my prayer life and borught a lot more focus to it. Reading Philip Yancey's book has also helped me re-examine prayer from a different perspecctive.

I once wondered how someone could spend an hour in prayer (or more) and learning about the "line by line" approach to the Lord's prayer I finally figured it out.

M.A.C. said...

That's fantastic Brian may God bless you in your ministry and all you do.