Wednesday, May 30, 2007

The Greatest Commandment…

In the beginning God chose us before we were created, but chose us for what?

Have you ever known something without having learned it like perhaps glimpsing the very depths of understanding the mathematical equation that makes up our world the planet Earth? Or how about the raising of a child most of us do the best stuff instinctively motivated by our love. I remember when my first child came into the world and how it changed me inside. I never knew that I could love another as much as that.

So, just as I discovered the love for another through the birth of my first child I discover more about myself each day. The journey of life is much like jumping from an airplane. Many things we do are scary but once they are done, they become old hat. Sin is like that if we deny the wrongs we do, they become easier each time (old hat). But some might ask, what is sin?

Sin is not following the Law of the Ten Commandments.

  1. “You shall have no other gods before Me”
  2. “You shall not make for yourself any idols
  3. “You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain”
  4. “Remember the Sabbath Day to keep it holy”
  5. “Honor your Father and your Mother
  6. “You shall not murder”
  7. “You shall not commit adultery”
  8. “You shall not steal”
  9. “You shall not lie”
  10. “You shall not covet”

In my life I broke all the laws for in transgressing one we break them all. When I was a young boy I stole and I remember the first time and how every part of my inner-being said don’t do it. But I did anyway. I then remember feeling the rush of getting away with it. After the candy was gone I felt unsatisfied and empty. Later in my adolescence I discovered women and all the pleasures of her touch and smell but afterward I felt empty like the act of love making was not enough to fulfill me. Empty again when will it stop? Then in young adulthood I discovered God, He convicted me of my sin (through the Law of the Ten Commandments) and helped me understand why I felt empty. The emptiness was the absence of love, but not our love but God’s love that fills you full and leaves you complete.

I prayed and He revealed himself to me as He will reveal Himself to any who humble themselves and call upon Him with a humble heart. Just like we do not know everything nor can you know anything unless you try. God is there for each of us ready to fill you to overflow with His love. A love that over delivers what we previously thought we knew about love. Our love is nothing compared to the overflow of Gods love in your life and its more than just a feeling.





May...

The Lord bless and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Try a Bible Quiz and test your knowledge

click here ---> BIBLE QUIZ <--- click here

Subscribe in a reader

All posts by M.A.C. © Bruce W. Moar

No comments: