Tuesday, May 22, 2007

An Atheist & Christian Conversation

ATHEIST;

I am smart say's the atheist/intellectual in the crowd, God does not exist says he, and you Christians are all wrong about this God stuff; man are you guys dumb says he in a mocking tone.

CHRISTIAN;

I am blessed, say's the Christian in his midst whom the atheist would call down and ridicule his brother’s beliefs. You see say's the Christian I was once just like you in my thoughts, my heart and my belief. I was no different then the thousands of philosophers who came before and after me nor will I be the last to proclaim the blessed hope of Jesus Christ to a dying world.

ATHEIST;

Dying world says the Atheist/intellectual in the crowd speak for yourself says he; for I have searched high and low and this world I assure is not dying but it is thriving says he. It doesn't matter that the worlds resources are dwindling away or that my pollution is contributing to the dying world I firmly knew. It doesn't matter that disease is rampant and the natural remedy is no longer there due to my inexhaustible hunger for the products I consume.

CHRISTIAN;

It doesn't matter indeed says the Christian for this world will pass away. Now in my search for the why and the how of it all; I did find the answer looking at me through the hallowed tombs of antiquity where a book did stand out more than any other ever before, more than any other ever to be.

ATHEIST;

What book exhorts the atheist/intellectual for how do you think I got this way if there was such a book I would possess it even now and quote it with reverend dignity, to it's sought and tested truths.

CHRISTIAN;

Why its the New Testament says the Christian it is the most historically accurate book in existence today, bar none there is none other that even approaches its glorified state, it has well over five thousand (5000+) Greek manuscripts that testify to that fact as my mind did make a connection so did my heart in the reading and digesting of its contents.

ATHEIST;

I have read your book says the atheist/intellectual and I find it wanting and something left to be desired it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth and in my stomach; I reject it for it is nonsense to me.

CHRISTIAN;

I do believe your saying Christian does utter back for the book itself says that some are made for honour and some for dishonour perhaps you are of the latter and not of the first. But then who am I to judge, am I God that I would judge another? No I am not, but just a humble servant who would proclaim He that would (Jesus Christ). Not with prejudice do I proclaim this, but with compassion, mercy and grace bestowed upon me by the God of the most historically accurate book in existence today!

To be continued...


May...

The Lord bless and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
And give you peace.

Try a Bible Quiz and test your knowledge

click here ---> BIBLE QUIZ <--- click here

Subscribe in a reader

All posts by M.A.C. © Bruce W. Moar

No comments: