If you ask anybody this question the answer should more than likely be the same for everyone;
Q. What is the only one thing that you truly have control over?
In second Peter chapter 1 verse six it says to add to your knowledge SELF-CONTROL something that we must do in our walk as Christians (believers of Jesus Christ) is exercise our SELF-CONTROL daily, weekly, monthly, yearly, throughout our lifetime.
However we are getting ahead of ourselves because all to often we fail to exercise our SELF-CONTROL at some point and loose our tempers. The bible has a sure fire way for us to get control of ourselves and to understand what we as believers must do.
The answer lies at 2 PETER 1:3-11
3. as His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,
4. by which have been given to us exceedingly great and precious promises, that through these you may be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.
Fruitful Growth in the Faith <--- (most bibles have this heading before verse five) 5. But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge,
6. to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,
7. to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.
8. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
10. Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
11. for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
Over the next month or so we are going to focus on what we must do to have a fruitful knowledge of Jesus Christ and help make us effective believers in Jesus Christ. So tell your family, friends, and associates to tune in as we delve into what we need to do to be the best believers we can be.
Next post FAITH how do you get it, where does it come from, why you need it, etc...
The Lord bless and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
And give you peace.
Try a Bible Quiz and test your knowledge
click here ---> BIBLE QUIZ <--- click here