Calling all God's people everywhere...
Get involved in the "The Bad Christian Project" make a difference in your faith today and learn about the history of Christianity. Here is brief synopsis of how it all went down...
Once upon a time there was this little Roman Emperor named Nero. You know the guy that played the fiddle while Rome burned. Nero wanted to rename Rome under his name and started the fire. He blamed the Christians for the fire and wholesale persecution started. With thousands and thousands of Christians dying for something they never did. Then about 250 years later along came another Emperor named Constantine. Who was best known for being the first Christian Roman Emperor. Under Constantine Christianity moved from a persecuted belief to a persecuting religion literally overnight.
Then about 1200 years later along came a simple German monk named Martin Luther who started the great reformation and the split from the Roman Catholic church. Protestantism was born. Fast forward to today 2010 there are currently 38,000 Christian denominations that are not supported by scripture yet they exist. My question is why do we allow this when it is clear in scripture we are to be united?
The Bad Christian Project is a fairly large effort that will need the cooperation and unity of many Christian folk right across the world. The whole idea stems from the fact that Christianity is divided by denominational divergence and that we as believers in Christ can work together to make a difference in our belief. And further the great commission to make disciples of all the world. Starting here in North America and moving as far as God will allow the project to reach. That we can break down the barriers of denomination by participating in a project that makes a bee-line to the message of Jesus Christ.
The project itself is a grassroots movement that can help raise awareness to the fact that Christianity in the beginning was a persecuted belief. And that persecution of that belief still happens in many parts of the world Today. Maybe it happens right in your own church or neighborhood. The project will focus on how denominational divergence started and how we as grassroots believers in Jesus Christ can stop the spread of sectarianism in Christianity and get back to the basics of why Jesus came and offered salvation to a dying world.
I am asking people of faith from every denomination these questions...
1. Do you think that God sent Jesus Christ to the earth to set-up a new religion called Christianity? If yes... Where in scripture would you find that Jesus was to start a new religion called Christianity?
2. What denomination did Jesus and the Apostles belong too?
3. Will Jesus find faith on the earth when He comes on the great and final day?
Also I would like to receive any footage from anywhere that shows believers being persecuted for their belief in Jesus Christ. This footage could include folks who have been excommunicated for any type of reason from any denomination.
- Prayer Warriors to pray continually for the project from start to finish.
- Amateur/Professional Film Makers - Who have DV style camera's right across the world who would be willing to shoot footage in their cities and send it in to me for consideration in the film.
- People that can help with production, graphics, website, computer animations, posters and as general lobbyists to gain support from the Christian community in their geographical locations.
- Film industry people who would give their talents to help make the film look professional and help with distribution.
- Musicians/Song Writers/Artists/Actors/Actresses et al that would be willing to contribute their talent through song, poetry, prose, painting and any and all art-forms that excite the senses.
- Donations of money, time, talent for every aspect of this creation.
Folks I am just a small believer with a big dream that is based in scripture. If God is for us, who can be against us? And that despite the huge problems that the current 38,000 Christian denominations have caused. We as believers despite our denominational differences can one day walk into any Christian church that professes Jesus Christ as Lord and be accepted. Just as Jesus accepts us into his body and that we can be one just as the Father and Son are one. Is this not the prayer that Jesus prayed for all believers?
JOHN 17: 20-26
"My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. "Father, I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. "Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and they know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."
The Lord bless and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
And give you peace.
Try a Bible Quiz and test your knowledge
click here ---> BIBLE QUIZ <--- click here