Friday, April 11, 2008
2 Peter 1:5-11
Fruitful Growth in the Faith
5. But also for this very reason, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue, to virtue knowledge,
6. to knowledge self-control, to self-control perseverance, to perseverance godliness,
7. to godliness brotherly kindness, and to brotherly kindness love.
8. For if these things are yours and abound, you will be neither barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.
9. For he who lacks these things is shortsighted, even to blindness, and has forgotten that he was cleansed from his old sins.
10. Therefore, brethren, be even more diligent to make your call and election sure, for if you do these things you will never stumble;
11. for so an entrance will be supplied to you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
The preceding passage assumes you already have faith which is supplied from God and confirmed in Ephesians 2:8-9.
We are to diligently pursue these things to make our faiths confession sure and solid in a world that is moving away from God. As we move toward God then we see the reason we are here and that reason is the same for all Christians we are to spread the word of God by our lives, a living testimony to and for God so that others may believe also.
Consider; Revelations 12:11, Mark 6:11, John 8;17
The Lord bless and keep you;
The Lord make His face shine upon you,
And be gracious to you;
The Lord lift up his countenance upon you,
And give you peace.
Try a Bible Quiz and test your knowledge
click here ---> BIBLE QUIZ <--- click here